MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

2 posters

Coral Reefer QUESTION Top Down Coral Photos? Best way?

thecoralreefer
    thecoralreefer

Coral Reefer QUESTION Top Down Coral Photos? Best way? Empty Coral Reefer QUESTION Top Down Coral Photos? Best way?

Post by thecoralreefer Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Hey guys I have been experimenting with taking photos. I cant seem to figure out the best way to take a top down photo. I have a 6 gallon nano with 2 ecoxotic royal blue strips and 2 white strips and an actinic. It has 12 inch depth and its topless. I was thinking about using this tank to take the photos with the bright lighting and ease of access. Whats the best way to cover my camera lens/ construct a camera bracket to hold it still while the picture is taken. Any one have any suggestions? Do you even need to use a tripod type thing to steady the photo. Any camera settings that work the best most of the time for example i have been manually setting the Aperture at 11 and the speed is 20. I want to realy catch the colors of the coral the way they look naturally and have no distortion in the picture due to ripples or angles of glass. I have thought about using a rubber pipe pvc coupler with a siliconed piece of acrylic at the end. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Hope to meet a few of you guys soon and check out your tanks I am excited to have found MASVC. Happy Holidays!
    clownfish14
    clownfish14
    Admin

Coral Reefer QUESTION Top Down Coral Photos? Best way? Empty Re: Coral Reefer QUESTION Top Down Coral Photos? Best way?

Post by clownfish14 Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:44 pm

thecoralreefer
    thecoralreefer

Coral Reefer QUESTION Top Down Coral Photos? Best way? Empty Re: Coral Reefer QUESTION Top Down Coral Photos? Best way?

Post by thecoralreefer Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:00 pm

I didn't know those existed... O well I made one anyway out of a rubber coupler and a piece of acrylic. Pics are looking nice...like wayyyyyy nice. Im surprised at the difference it made. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:57 pm