MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

5 posters

MASVC club meeting / BBQ - July 27th @ Bvysochin's house (Oakview, CA)

nikecivic
    nikecivic

MASVC club meeting / BBQ - July 27th @ Bvysochin's house (Oakview, CA)   Empty MASVC club meeting / BBQ - July 27th @ Bvysochin's house (Oakview, CA)

Post by nikecivic Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Hey MASVC! 

The next Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County (MASVC) meeting will be Sunday, July 27th, 2014 at Crystal & Bogdan's (Bvysochin) house in Oakview, CA (North of Ventura)! 

Crystal & Bogdan will brief their system and upcoming upgrades!

There will be food and drinks, along with a frag tank for the raffle. 

You don't have to be a member to attend the meeting so come on out! 

When: Sunday, July 27th, 2014
    Time: 4:00pm-6:30pm
    Where: Oak View, CA pm nikecivic or MxReEfEr92 for address

So if you have never been out to one of our club meetings or haven't seen Crystal a& Bogdan's setup, this is a must see.... you won’t want to miss this one.

pm nikecivic or MxReEfEr92 if you have any questions
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

MASVC club meeting / BBQ - July 27th @ Bvysochin's house (Oakview, CA)   Empty Re: MASVC club meeting / BBQ - July 27th @ Bvysochin's house (Oakview, CA)

Post by Pegasus Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm there for sure this time.
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

MASVC club meeting / BBQ - July 27th @ Bvysochin's house (Oakview, CA)   Empty Re: MASVC club meeting / BBQ - July 27th @ Bvysochin's house (Oakview, CA)

Post by Pegasus Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:32 pm

nice turn out today. picked up some nice sized frags today and a cute little tailspot blenny who is currently hiding in my QT. thanks for hosing it Crystal & Bogdan
    bvysochin

Post by bvysochin Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:35 am

Thanks guys for coming out. We had a blast. It was nice being able to talk to everyone this time lol.

Totally stoked i won some cleaner fish. Well note to self; dont put a neon gobie with a large hog wrasse after you just fed the tank.. :/ horrific sight to watch. Gobie actually swam out of the wrasses mouth a few times but the wrasse chased and ate it repeatedly with me standing there not able to do anything.. :'(
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Post by Pegasus Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 pm

RIP neon gobie! hows the other little guy?
    bvysochin

Post by bvysochin Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 pm

Hawaiian cleaner was swimming around today! Yay! My fish have no idea he helps clean them and they were harassing the poor guy all day but have seemed to mellow out. The other neon is Mia but maybe it'll turn up somewhere..

It was a great raffle and thank you Cory for BBQ'n!
    beatsbymd

Post by beatsbymd Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm bummed im issued it!
    FloMojo
    FloMojo

Post by FloMojo Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:01 pm

I ended up making the long drive from Santa Maria. Traffic really sucked and I honestly was second guessing my endeavor to attend, but once I arrived at Crystal and Bogdan's place all that doubt melted away. Their coral farming setup is mind blowing, and their future plans in the works is inspiring to say the least...so jelly  tongue . These two are true reef fanatics! Just awesome.

The club did a great job with the burgers/dogs/etc, and then Cory hooked up the meeting attendees with a lot of nice livestock to raffle off. Crystal also donated some choice frags and livestock to the raffle.

I purchased a decent amount of tickets and luckily scored a bunch of nice prizes...2 lbs of high quality carbon, Spotted Mandarin Goby, Kole Tang, and a Porcelain Crab. Crystal won the Yellow Swallowtail and Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse that everyone wanted, but then graciously traded the Swallowtail with me for one of the frags I brought along. I also got free a sample of some primo looking frozen food.

Overall, I thought it was a great evening spent with an awesome group of people. Always looking forward to these get-togethers. Thanks again to Cory, Crystal and Bogdan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 am