MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

2 posters

New additions/tank shots

bshow24

New additions/tank shots Empty New additions/tank shots

Post by bshow24 Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:31 am

So after posting in my introduction forum, it was noted that my tank was pretty barren. A rock here and there, a couple clowns darting their way around....well now that has changed. Here are some new and improved:

full tank shot:
    New additions/tank shots P2140192

my crazy colored anemone (the clowns are always around this thing...but have not hosted it quite yet):
    New additions/tank shots P2140195

my new what is suppose to be valentine day massacre zoa...but has not opened up completely so I can't be sure yet:
    New additions/tank shots P2140191

some purple, well who knows what. these things resemble hornets almost to a t, but only have a single yellowish geen skirt:
    New additions/tank shots P2140190

here are all my zoa frags:
    from left to right starting in row closest:

(1st) blue hornet, red hornet, single rasta, 7 polyp GBP
    (2nd) LA Lakers, black widow, a single polyp from vdm rock.
    (back) some orange ones i have not identified, Armor of God, and the Purple Crazies.
    New additions/tank shots P2140197

I have also added a bunch of corals from CFM and frags that other people have been nice enough to give to me. I have:

Pink birdsnest (thanks Mike!)
    Green Monti (again, thanks mike)
    Yellow Candy Cane
    Mint Green Candy Cane
    Cali Tort
    Purple mushrooms
    Eagle Eye Zoas
    War Coral
    Toadstool Leather
    And some bright pink one I forgot the name of.

Still picking up a couple pieces of rock and a few more zoas before the end of the week thanks to thecoralreefer, but after that, just going to glue things down into their official places and let them grow. I feel like my 28 gallon is almost full Razz

dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

New additions/tank shots Empty Re: New additions/tank shots

Post by dwolson2 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:50 am

Nice! Looking at a tank with a bunch of corals sure beats one with just a few. What equipment are you running? Are you going to be dosing?
    bshow24

Post by bshow24 Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:03 pm

currently i do the dosing myself. just throw in a bit of calcium here and there. My alk levels have never really dropped, which I find strange but oh well. And then my mag levels are usually decent although every 2 days i will throw in some buffer to keep that good.

right now for equipment i have an swc 120 skimmer, a nextreef mr1 with gfo and carbon, and then my mp10 inside my tank for flow. In addition to that, i forgot to mention that my lights were upgraded to ATI bulbs. I now have 2 blue plus, a purple plus, and a coral plus light in there. I like the coral of it. More blue would be cool just to see, but I like the idea of getting a bit more coral growth.

also, the 8 gallon received a new couple, now have a pistol shrimp/yellow watchman goby pair that are hilarious to watch. luckily they picked a spot at the front of the tank so i can enjoy their craziness.
    dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

Post by dwolson2 Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Do you have two tanks then?
    bshow24

Post by bshow24 Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 am

I do, one 28 gallon, one 8 gallon. The 8 gallon is posted under my intro. They are both connected through the same sump actually. The 8 gallon just has a couple of picasso clowns right now with a few small corals here and there (xenia, gsp, yellow polyps, and some eagle eye frags). I am waiting for my frags to start growing and then going to frag off pieces to throw into the 8 and grow in there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:50 pm