MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

+4
MxReEfEr92
Sandman
clownfish14
nikecivic
8 posters

Resource Tool: What does everyone do?

nikecivic
    nikecivic

Resource Tool: What does everyone do? Empty Resource Tool: What does everyone do?

Post by nikecivic Tue May 08, 2012 2:43 pm

I thought that if we knew what our members do for a living that it could help out someone or the club? i.e. if some is a civil engineer and they could help out with someone planning to cut a hole in their wall for an in-wall tank. Or if someone had a roofing business they could use their services with their house? Or if someone had a flower shop and someone is looking for someone to contract for their wedding, etc. Or how about someone had an open warehouse for their business and we could use it for the FRAG event. Its strictly optional for anyone.

I'll start off:
    I work as an Electronics Engineer for the Navy.
    clownfish14
    clownfish14
    Admin

Resource Tool: What does everyone do? Empty Re: Resource Tool: What does everyone do?

Post by clownfish14 Tue May 08, 2012 3:06 pm

I am a student in highschool Smile
    Sandman
    Sandman
    Charter Member

Resource Tool: What does everyone do? Empty Re: Resource Tool: What does everyone do?

Post by Sandman Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 pm

District Manager for a Floral Supply company on the Costco account.
    MxReEfEr92
    MxReEfEr92
    Admin

Post by MxReEfEr92 Tue May 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Full time student at Moorpark College, Studying Criminal Justice. Part time Barista at Starbucks, Summer PWC (personal water craft ie. jet ski, wave runner, sea doo) rentals.
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 pm

awesome, there's a wide variety of members in the club!
    joflo

Resource Tool: What does everyone do? Empty engineering in Ventura, Property Development Waikiki

Post by joflo Tue May 08, 2012 8:20 pm

In Business since late 80's. Specializing in residential construction and engineering.
    Joflo Design Inc
    6882 Norton Ave
    Ventura, Ca
    (805) 642-3291

John Florez "joflo"
    dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

Post by dwolson2 Tue May 08, 2012 8:33 pm

I pretend to be a mechanic....lol
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Charter Member

Post by Crusty Old Shellback Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm

As a profession, I do pretty much the same as Nikecivic, except I didn't go to college and get the degree. 30 + years of experience with it though. We work at the same place except different code.

As a non profession, I'm a fairly good shade tree mechanic and have all the tools. I've built balanced and blueprinted 600 HP Chevy engines and 100 HP Harley engines in my garage. I've also done body work and paint which if you've seen my Bike, then you've seen my work. Pretty much anything mechanical I can do. Basically a Master mechanic without the ASE cert.

I've also been called a master woodworker. I've got almost a full blown woodshop in my garage as well. I built Vince's stand for him as well as my own tank surround and most of the woodwork in my house. I'm in the process of rebuilding the inside of my house. Everything from electrical to drywall to refinshing the 50 year old oak floors.

Pretty much a jack of all trade and a master of none. Wink

John, I may need some of your services when I start building my laundry room and modifying my kitchen. Wink
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Tue May 08, 2012 9:38 pm

I can confirm all the things Crusty has stated above Smile
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Sat May 12, 2012 1:10 pm

I know of a few here in the military representing the Navy and Airforce. Theres also a scientist in the club.
    alexwbush
    alexwbush

Post by alexwbush Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 pm

I manage people who manage people and do fancy powerpoints.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:10 am