MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

+2
shrum1340
Pegasus
6 posters

Hello!

Pegasus
    Pegasus

Hello!  Empty Hello!

Post by Pegasus Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:03 pm

What's up fellas, names ivan. I live in Santa Barbara but frequent ventura county fish stores. I've been in the fresh water hobby for a few years but this last year I decided to dabble in reefing. So far it's been good with my 30 gallon (2 or so months old) hopefully with in the year I up grade to something way bigger since it's really addicting. Other than reefing I'm into cars, I also frequent the track for drift events and such. I am also an automotive technician for Volkswagen so cars play a big role in my life. Looking forward to frequenting this forum and learning more.
    shrum1340
    shrum1340

Hello!  Empty Re: Hello!

Post by shrum1340 Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Welcome Ivan . Big event next weekend in Simi Valley called FRAG. Great place to stock up on corals for good prices.
    MxReEfEr92
    MxReEfEr92
    Admin

Post by MxReEfEr92 Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Welcome to the boards!!! I sent you a PM.
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Post by Pegasus Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:39 am

I am for sure going to the frag swap. Thanks for the welcomes! Hopefully I meet everyone at one point or another.

And got the pm!
    Stence
    Stence

Post by Stence Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:48 am

Welcome
    ianmcalpin
    ianmcalpin

Post by ianmcalpin Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 am

welcome ivan glad to hear you made the switch... i think fresh water get a little boring not much of a challenge how you can make it to the meeting today and as well to the event next week. It will be lost of fun as well youll be able to meet a lot of the local reefer in the area aswell as local venders.
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Post by Pegasus Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:30 am

Stence wrote:Welcome
    Thank you, sir. So far this place is awesome. Who knew there would be a local reef club. Haha

ianmcalpin wrote:welcome ivan glad to hear you made the switch... i think fresh water get a little boring not much of a challenge how you can make it to the meeting today and as well to the event next week. It will be lost of fun as well youll be able to meet a lot of the local reefer in the area aswell as local venders.
    Unfortunately I won't make it tonight, I forgot my girlfriend signed me up to help her parents move to the new house all weekend.... But I am not missing FRAG for nothing!

I attached a shot of my tank, this was a week after it was cycled and one star polyp colony. Since then the pistol shrimp and watchman goby forced me to rearrange the aquascape... Right now I have a purple firefish, bangai cardinal, baby clarkii clown, cleaner shrimp and the for mentioned tiger pistol shrimp and watchman goby. Corals I have a 6 headed Duncan, the green star polyps, green mushroom, and a random zoa colony. I feel like I'm out of livestock room so once petco has dollar a gallon sale I'm getting a 50 gallon for sure.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f57/18/61/58/42/image13.jpg

Edit. Don't know why it won't upload from my phone but I'll add a pic later
    ianmcalpin
    ianmcalpin

Post by ianmcalpin Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Tank looking good... damm them GF always having to sign us up to helpin the parents haha all good..

To up load pictures on the sign you have to use photobucket and then copy the URL and paste it into the reply box.

And when looking for a new build i would highly recommened scanning CL "crag's list" for good deals i just picked up at 115 reef ready for 100 bucks so keep looking Cl great deals on there
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Post by Pegasus Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:48 pm

ianmcalpin wrote:Tank looking good... damm them GF always having to sign us up to helpin the parents haha all good..

To up load pictures on the sign you have to use photobucket and then copy the URL and paste it into the reply box.

And when looking for a new build i would highly recommened scanning CL "crag's list" for good deals i just picked up at 115 reef ready for 100 bucks so keep looking Cl great deals on there
    Thanks, that's how I found this one. It was 40 bucks for everything. I have a friend who is interesting in getting into reefing as well so he will be coming with to FRAG.
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:44 am

Welcome Ivan, hope to meet you at a future meeting!
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Post by Pegasus Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:51 am

I will most def make it out to a meeting. Bummed i missed the one yesterday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:35 am