MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

5 posters

I have too many hobbies.

Cruzer
    Cruzer
    Charter Member

I have too many hobbies. Empty I have too many hobbies.

Post by Cruzer Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:25 am

I currently have to many hobbies and need to elimenate a couple. I have always had a problem with selling off stuff though. I have a couple thousand dollars worth of RC cars, both onroad and offroad that I have not touched in over a year. Makes no since to keep them as they are/were cutting edge race equipment that looses value as things change.

Also have a Grand Cherokee that I have been building for almost two years now. Lots of blood sweat and money and do not seem to have the time to get out and use it much. Took it out on one trip this past year.

SimRacing, you would think that racing in your living room would not be a big financial burden, WRONG. Really enjoy it but it takes a lot of time to be competative.

Fishes, I almost can not believe that I have gotten back into them. The last time that I did I went kind of crazy with it and was not even into corals much just fish. This time I am very much enjoying the coral aspect and looks like we will be upgrading to a bigger tank after the holidays.

What about you guys,
    dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

I have too many hobbies. Empty Re: I have too many hobbies.

Post by dwolson2 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:58 am

I know how you feel, I have wood working, cars, and SW tanks right now. I still have my golf clubs, snow board, PS3(I still play it), computers, forums(lol) motorcycle(moped...ninja 250) not to mention the hobbies i have stopped, snorkeling, RC cars, FW tanks, guitar, DIY projects. I am sure there are more, ask my wife and she could probably list them out...lol

I am trying to downsize to a few hobbies, so I can get into one, and not dabble in many.
    shortbus
    shortbus

Post by shortbus Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:31 pm

That's what life is all about. you need some sort of distraction to kill your time. the more hobbies the better. IMO
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Charter Member

Post by Crusty Old Shellback Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:59 am

That's not a lot of hobbies. Smile

I too have a laundry list of hobbies. But I'm trying to keep active in them and do use some of them to save money or even make a little money to help support them.

I've got a ton of money invested in my differemt hobbies so I try and do as much with them as I can. I have a full blown wood shop in my garage and use it to not only build things for the Wife and house, but also for others to help offset some of the cost. Of course it's taken years to accumilate all of the tools.

I too do mechanic work, building custom bikes and cars. My current project is a 1955 Cushman scooter I got from my dad. My next project, which I hope to order soon, is a Factory Five racing Cobra replica that I will build.

Other hobbies include my beer and wine making, puzzles for relaxtion, taking long rides on my Harley with the wife, fixing up my house ( landscaping and completely redoing the interior), model railroad layouts, and of course my big fish tank.

I remember the days of RC racing. That stuff can get expensive quick. I sold my RC stuff about 20 years ago.
    805reef

Post by 805reef Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Hey Ray, I've been meaning to ask you about that model train track you were building last time I was there. That thing was huge. You get that finished?
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Charter Member

Post by Crusty Old Shellback Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm still working on it. I've got all of the track laid down and have built my mountains and such. Next phase is to start the painting of the base colors. Then starts the real fun of planting trees and building buildings.

I haven't worked on it is several months as my bike as been in parts all over the garage while i was awaiting parts. So in the mean time, I was working on my '55 Cushman. Now that the bike is back together and on the road, if I can stay home some, I'll start working on it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:29 am