MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

+5
nikecivic
USAFReefer
sisterlimonpot
MxReEfEr92
Drews89
9 posters

Who's going to the meeting this coming Monday ?

Drews89

Who's going to the meeting this coming Monday ? Empty Who's going to the meeting this coming Monday ?

Post by Drews89 Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 am

Is anyone welcome or are there rules ?
    MxReEfEr92
    MxReEfEr92
    Admin

Who's going to the meeting this coming Monday ? Empty Re: Who's going to the meeting this coming Monday ?

Post by MxReEfEr92 Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:58 am

Anyone is welcome member or non member all ages. Kid Friendly. I will be there as well as hopefully quite a few others.
    sisterlimonpot
    sisterlimonpot
    Admin

Who's going to the meeting this coming Monday ? Empty Re: Who's going to the meeting this coming Monday ?

Post by sisterlimonpot Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:36 am

I will be there too. can't miss a chance to see Bogdon and Crystal's set up
    Drews89

Post by Drews89 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 am

Hopefully I go .. If I can get a sitter ... I went there this past December few days before Christmas and Maaaan he had a huge frag tank set up in the middle of the room ... Very very nice
    sisterlimonpot
    sisterlimonpot
    Admin

Post by sisterlimonpot Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Children are welcomed. Don't let that inhibit your decision to go or not.
    USAFReefer

Post by USAFReefer Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Myself and 3 other people from VAFB are planning to attend. The guy that runs the local club was telling us about the clubs and stores in the area and was going to setup a carpool to show us newbies what the south has to offer.
    USAFReefer

Post by USAFReefer Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:45 pm

I just emailed the guy doing the carpool to let him know I signed up on here and he told me MASVC banned his account that he created yesterday without so much as an email explaining why. He said the carpool for the Monday meeting is now off and he will take us down to the LA stores on Saturday instead.
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm

USAFReefer wrote:I just emailed the guy doing the carpool to let him know I signed up on here and he told me MASVC banned his account that he created yesterday without so much as an email explaining why. He said the carpool for the Monday meeting is now off and he will take us down to the LA stores on Saturday instead.

Let me find out what happened before you change your plans.
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:31 pm

By the way, if you are coming to LA this weekend. Try to check out the Coral Farmers Market.

http://www.masvc.org/t1163-free-tickets-sfv-coral-farmers-market
    sisterlimonpot
    sisterlimonpot
    Admin

Post by sisterlimonpot Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm

USAFReefer wrote:I just emailed the guy doing the carpool to let him know I signed up on here and he told me MASVC banned his account that he created yesterday without so much as an email explaining why. He said the carpool for the Monday meeting is now off and he will take us down to the LA stores on Saturday instead.

What is the guy doing the carpool's user name?
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm

He is unbanned now.
    dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

Post by dwolson2 Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 am

Not sure what happened, but that normally doesn't happen. May have been a glitch in the system. We are working with someone to switch over the forums to a better system. It would be great to get you guys from vafb up here. I didn't even know there was a club on base Smile
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Crusty Old Shellback
    Charter Member

Post by Crusty Old Shellback Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

Looks like I'm going to miss this meeting as well. Sad We will be driving back home from the Bay Area that day. LONG drive. So for now, we will have to hold up on the sand swap. But I've at least got mine and Mikes sand stewing in the tank.
    alexk3954
    alexk3954

Post by alexk3954 Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 pm

I will be there and will possibly be bringing a friend. He happened to see some of the amazing frags I got from Bogdon and Crystal this past weekend and is curious if they will have anything for sale at the meeting.

Thanks again for the beautiful corals Bogdon and Crystal, I can't wait to see your setup
    dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

Post by dwolson2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

They asked that if you want to buy anything, to either come a little early, or stay late, out of respect for other vendors.
    NoCarrier

Post by NoCarrier Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Hey so I've been out of touch for a while. What's the protocol for attending a meeting now? Do I need a secret word? Where do I go?
    dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

Post by dwolson2 Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Send me a text, I'll send you the address.
    sisterlimonpot
    sisterlimonpot
    Admin

Post by sisterlimonpot Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm

I sent him the address
    already . hope to see everyone there.
    nikecivic
    nikecivic

Post by nikecivic Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 am

How was the meeting?
    dwolson2
    dwolson2
    Admin

Post by dwolson2 Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 am

Meeting was fun. A good mix of new people and members. Maybe 10-15 people. Either next month or April(more than likely) Cory is going to give a presentation on Lighting. There was a lot of questions on lighting.
    Next month the meeting will be in Simi Valley combined with SFVR. We might do the presentation there instead(as requestsed by Chefzilla)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:34 am