MASVC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County

I forgot my password

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Number of site visitors

3 posters

Most colorful corals...I wish I had

ericpkeith
    ericpkeith

Most colorful corals...I wish I had  Empty Most colorful corals...I wish I had

Post by ericpkeith Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:38 pm

I've been trying to find some really cool corals that just blow my mind. Thus far, the two I seem to like the most are the following.

A rouge millepora: I rarely such rich and subtle color in sps coral (excluding montipora)
    Most colorful corals...I wish I had  P1020370_small_zps7094310f

And of course Aussie Acans...which come in so many rainbow colors. I personally like this one...though a bit clownish.
    Truly the peacock of the coral world.
    Most colorful corals...I wish I had  IMG_8013crop_zpsec42ad69

What are your favorites? Do you actually have it...cause I sure don't.
    MxReEfEr92
    MxReEfEr92
    Admin

Most colorful corals...I wish I had  Empty Re: Most colorful corals...I wish I had

Post by MxReEfEr92 Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Jorden aka calistyle has rouge millie and acans that look like those, they are called "rare reef clown party" he actually has a bunch of millies, Rouge, Bubble gum, Palmers, Rainbow, and im picking up sapphire for him soon. I have/am getting a nice selection of sps. the list is

Superman tabling acro (currently have)
    Bubble Gum Millie (getting frag from Jorden)
    Sapphire Millie (getting frag from Jorden)
    Rouge Millie (getting frag from Jorden)
    Aqua SD rainbow Millie (getting from Jeff)
    Purple Monster Acro (paid for picking up end of the month)
    Red dragon (currently have)
    RMF Last Dragon (currently have)
    Banana Lokani (paid for picking up end of the month)
    Vivids Blue Monster (getting frag from Jorden)
    Dustin's Deep water acro (getting from Bogdan and Crystal)
    Mrs Pacman acro (gotta track this down)
    ORA pearlberry (currently have)
    ORA frogskin (currently have)
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Most colorful corals...I wish I had  Empty Re: Most colorful corals...I wish I had

Post by Pegasus Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:32 pm

one of my dream frags was acquired last weekend which was this aussie gold torch. so stoked i got it! it was one of those pieces i would see for sale and say "ill never pay that much for a frag of that...." haha

Most colorful corals...I wish I had  12280563113_9ac204d7ec_b

another dream frag would be a bounce mushroom and some nice highend zoa's and im with eric with some rainbow looking acans.
    ericpkeith
    ericpkeith

Post by ericpkeith Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:09 pm

All great corals.  Anything from Aussyland is going to cost you. Most people focus on sps but there are a lot of great softies out there.  Bounce Mushrooms are awesome but way outside my budget.

Anyone ever see Darth Maul Porites?
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Post by Pegasus Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:24 pm

just google searched it. seems like everything with darth maul in the name is cool.
    Most colorful corals...I wish I had  Darthmaulporites_17244

i just picked up some orange mauls which have been on my list of wanted zoa's along with some captain america paly's and rastas.
    Pegasus
    Pegasus

Post by Pegasus Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:05 pm

bringing this thread form the dead. just bought this torch today. i was told it was a bali gold torch, such a nice one so i had to take it home.

Most colorful corals...I wish I had  DSC03009
    ericpkeith
    ericpkeith

Post by ericpkeith Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:36 am

Great looking torch coral. My first reef tank was nothing but softies. Torch Coral and Frogspawn were corals I wanted really bad but out of my price range as I had that tank when I was in college.

I'm too distracted to post a picture at the moment (so posting a link to a good pic), but a coral I wish I had, I just bought from Crystal and Bogden, which is a Becker tort.

Link:
    http://www.garretts-acropolis.com/Large_info_images/Acropora_tortuosa_Becker_Tort3.jpg

I also really like ATL Raspberry Lemonade Nasuta
    http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0185/0568/products/acropora-raspberry-nasuta.gif?v=1352439075

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am